Real Techniques Blush Brush Review

by - Saturday, October 01, 2016


Blush is probably my most favorite thing next to pinkish-brown lip products. As a person who always looks pale and dead on the outside, I gravitate towards products that give a little hint of life just so people would stop asking me whether I had enough sleep (which most of the time, I do not sadly).

And because of this, it might come as no surprise that I would buy a brush to apply blush which is a necessity for me. This time, I decided to stray away from angled brushes and tried out Real Techniques' dome-shaped Blush Brush.

DESIGN
The Real Techniques' Blush Brush has a metallic-matte pink handle that contains the brand name and the brush name. Personally, I love the finish of the handle - it may be hot pink but it still looks sleek. The bottom part of the handle is rubberized and has a flat surface which allows it to stand on its own. This was intentionally designed so that users are able to store it without the need for brush holders and also to stop it from rolling around when placed on top of a flat surface. As a management student, the attention to user convenience really calls out to me.
BRISTLES
I have never felt a brush with bristles this soft. What I love most about it is that it doesn't feel scratchy. It picks up just the right amount of powder so that you wouldn't have to worry about looking like a clown; building up product is really easy with this brush though.
It is made of synthetic hair which makes it ideal for both cream and powder blush. Washing it is a breeze as synthetic hair in general are easy to work with. So far, I have not experienced any shedding.
But perhaps the selling point of this brush is its versatility. It's so fluffy that I like to use this for bronzing more than applying blush. I also like to use it to apply powder all over my face and/or to swipe away excess powder from baking. I wouldn't recommend using it for contouring though as you wouldn't be able to get a precise, chiseled look if that's what you're going for. However, if you are going for the more natural route, then this brush would work fine.

Real Techniques is already carried by Watsons Philippines but I bought mine from Uniqube (located at 3rd floor, University Mall, Taft Avenue, Malate, Manila) for Php 580. This brush originally retails for $9 (approx. Php 405). Php 580 may seem like a big step-up from the original price but I don't really mind since the seller had to take into account the shipping and slotting fees. 

VERDICT
To conclude, I will go as far to say that this brush is one of the best brushes that I've been able to get my hands on. Its price may seem a little steep as compared to drugstore brushes alike but its multipurpose functions and quality makes up for it. 

FINAL RATING: 4/5



You May Also Like

0 comments